Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A Visit to Ohio

It's been nearly three years since I left Ohio. Few weeks ago, my x roommate invited me to attend his wedding. While he wasn't sure that I would go because of the 5 hours drive, I said I would definitely go. There are two reasons. First, he was the best roommate I've ever had. Secondly, it was also a good opportunity to visit other friends in Dayton/Cincinnati area.

I was not disappointed; the three days trip was a memorable experience. Some friends I met reminded me of the situation when I just arrived in Wright State. It was early 2000: NASDAQ was still rocket high and I was excited and hopeful about the new field I was getting into. Life doesn't work the way I expected, but that is another story.

Visiting a place I've lived just like reading an old book. Life is always busy and hectic. A new book became dusty and old over years. One day, you picked it up from the shelf. Probably you never expected to recall much; after all, life makes us forgetful, doesn't it? However, when you turn a page to another, each page woke up the seemingly forgotten stories, and the past memory became so vivid. It was a surreal and emotional experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home